The HIV Trainee Association has been formed for UK-based trainees with an interest in HIV Medicine: Infectious Diseases, Genito-Urinary Medicine and General Internal Medicine who care for people living with HIV. Membership is open to SpRs/STs and Research Fellows, and those aspiring physicians in Foundation Year Two/ Internal Medicine Training. The Association acts as an educational facility, and provides all members with a national network for mutual support and advice.
- An opportunity to meet other SpRs across the country, and have teaching from, as well as the opportunity to talk to, Consultants leading in their fields
- Workshops offering mixed programmes of scientific topics, plus sessions on training, educational matters and
- The opportunity to be elected to sit on the HIVTA Committee, participating in activities linked with BHIVA, BASHH, the Federation of HIV Associations (FHIVA) and research collaborations such as TCARQ
- A forum for discussion on matters of professional concern; particular to HIV trainees
- Updates from HIV conferences via the twitter handle
- An online repository, accessible by password, for members to access previous workshop talks & podcasts
The Committee is run by a group of SpRs/STs in ID & GUM, and has its own independent secretariat.